Classic Car Storage
Are you a classic car collector? Statista indicates the projected size of the collectible car market in the
U.S. in 2024 will be $18.7 billion. According to the Knight Frank Luxury Investment Index, there has been a
25% growth in value of classic vehicles as an asset class in 2022. It is a massive market!
One of the biggest challenges in satisfying your desire to own and restore such automotive gems is
where to keep the vehicle. Well, we have a solution for you! Check out our Macho Self Storage locations for
spacious indoor and outdoor covered parking spots for your collectible. We provide safe and secure storage
options for your vehicle and help keep it protected from deterioration from weather elements.
Macho Self Storage offers multiple size spaces for indoor and outdoor covered parking. Our indoor
spots range from 12’ x 10’ to 12’ x 40’. For our indoor spaces, we have spots sized 12.5’ x 10’ up to 12’ x
Car Storage Tips
If you plan to put your classic car in short- or long-term storage, here are some helpful tips from the
American Automobile Association (AAA) to prepare your vehicle for storage and keeping it maintained while
1. Prop up the wiper arms so the blades are off your windshield and won’t get stuck to the glass.
2. Don’t use the parking brake when storing the vehicle. With an automatic transmission, simply
place the vehicle in park. If the car has a manual transmission, place it in first or reverse gear
and use wheel chocks—sturdy wedges you place against a vehicle's wheels—to help keep it in
3. Add a fuel stabilizer and preservative—this can be done by anyone and is as simple as fueling
up a vehicle. Also, make sure to fill the gas tank to help minimize condensation. Drive the car
for five to ten miles to ensure that the stabilized fuel is circulated throughout the fuel system.
4. If the car is due for an oil change, have it done to remove any acids and contaminants.
5. Add an additional 10 psi of pressure to each tire to help prevent flat spots from forming on the
tires. You can also move the vehicle periodically, or if you have the appropriate equipment,
place the car on jack stands with the tires off the ground.
6. Make sure the battery terminals are clean, tight and free of corrosion. If you are storing the car
for a long period of time, remove the battery.
CONTACT us at 877-99-MACHO to find a north Texas Macho Self Storage location near you for your classic car storage!